“Respect everyone, and love the family of believers. Fear God, and respect the king.” - 1 Peter 2:17 (NLT)
As we continue to learn about being God’s creation, we are taking a look this week at “RESPECT.” Because you bear God’s image, you have dignity and purpose. Therefore, you are worthy of respect. And this is also true of everyone you meet! That’s why the #1 goal of a Lightglider is respect - respect for ourselves and respect for others. We pursue this goal because when you respect yourself and you respect others, you are honoring the One in whose image you were created!
So how do we do that? We show respect in the way we treat others. We seek to care about everyone we meet. We also seek to care for our own minds, hearts, and bodies.
Whether it’s your best friend or someone you don’t get along with very well, choosing to show respect is what Lightgliders strive to do. So, when you’re in Mission Control, the Track, or the Yonders, look for ways to show respect to the other Lightgliders.
Take some time this week to focus on respect - for ourselves and for others! Here are some reflection questions that will help.
• Read 1 Peter 2:15-17 in the Bible. How does being part of God’s family lead you to respect everyone?
• Why does everyone deserve respect?
• What are ways to show respect to yourself?
• What are ways to show respect to others?
• Who can you pray for who has caused you difficulty?
• Find Viola!! It’s Find a Mod week - so keep an eye out for Viola in the Academy, say hi, and receive a prize!
• Play the Game of the Week, Tap Tap Boom! Everyone on the leaderboard this Saturday gets a surprise in their inventory!
• Watch this week’s Spark and Prayer Videos
• Use this week’s Mystery Code - RESPECT - to receive a surprise in your inventory!
Join us for Prayer Time with Penelope–Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 12pm EST / 11am CST! We’ll meet at the Prayer Circle, which is north of the Track.
• Monday: Join moderators in Mission Control at 5pm EST / 4pm CST for Joke Time!
• Tuesday: Come to the Welcome Party and Player Spotlight at 6pm EST / 5pm CST in the Courtyard to congratulate this week’s Lightglider RES head recipients.
• Wednesday: Let's play some games in Lightglider Academy at 5pm EST / 4pm CST! Join moderator Viola today for a game of Duck Duck Boost in the Academy!
• Thursday: Join us for Bible Chat in the Library at 6pm EST / 5pm CST to discuss this week’s theme and verse!
• Friday: Meet in the Innovation Lab at 5pm EST / 4pm CST to share game ideas at this week’s time of Gamestorming.
• Saturday: Connect with the Ambassadors in the Courtyard at 4pm EST / 3pm CST for some fun and games.