DECEMBER 14 - DECEMBER 20
The word “faithful” means to be true to one’s word and promises. Faithfulness is a character quality of God’s that we, as His children, can reflect. God has been, and will always be, fully faithful to His promises that we read in the Bible.
Because He is faithful, we too are called to be faithful. When we tell someone we are going to do something, we follow through. When we are gifted with a specific ability, we are faithful to exercise that gift for God’s glory. As we continue to be faithful, God’s character will be on display through us! Can you think of examples of faithfulness?
Here are a few that I thought of for when I am in Lightglider Academy:
• Taking care of and decorating my Treehouse so that the Gliddles have a beautiful place to live
• Using Boosts on other Lightgliders to help them on their Yonders missions
• Partnering with the Gliddles to battle the Machines more effectively
And here are a few for when I am in my home:
• Doing what my parents ask of me
• Taking my studies seriously
• Using my words to encourage others
• Taking time to pray to the One who is faithful to me
When we are faithful, we are shining light into the world!
“If you are faithful in little things, you will be faithful in large ones. But if you are dishonest in little things, you won’t be honest with greater responsibilities.” - Luke 16:10 (NLT)
Here are some activities for you to do and questions to reflect upon this week in Lightgliders. Do these by yourself or with a family member!
Things to Do This Week:
• Play the Game of the Week, Dip’n’Dodge! Everyone on the leaderboard this Saturday will receive a new hot rod glider!
• Watch the Spark and Prayer Videos
Prayer for Guidance
• Use the Mystery Code - FAITHFUL - to receive a surprise in your inventory!
Lightglider Academy Events This Week:
• Have you collected any Christmas giveaways from moderators this month?! Join us THIS WEEK to grab all the hats and gliders you can!!
• Monday: Come to the Spotlight Celebration on Monday at 5:30pm EST / 4:30pm CST in the Courtyard to congratulate this week’s Lightglider RES head recipients.
• Tuesday: Meet one of the creators of Lightgliders, Norman Snowman Cook, in Mission Control at 6pm EST / 5pm CST to hang out and discuss all things Lightgliders. Norman will be giving out a new Santa Hat to everyone who has not received theirs yet!
• Thursday: Join us in the Library at 6pm EST / 5pm CST for a Bible Chat to discuss this week’s theme and verse! Gertrude will be giving out a new Snowman Glider to everyone who has not received theirs yet!
• Friday: CHRISTMAS PARTY TODAY!! Join us TODAY at 5pm EST / 4pm CST for the Lightgliders Christmas Party!
• Saturday: Connect with the Ambassadors in the Courtyard at 3pm EST / 2pm CST for some fun and games.
Things to Think About This Week:
• Read Luke 16:10-12 in the Bible. Why is faithfulness important?
• How can you be more faithful, wise, and generous with what you have?
• Who do you know that is faithful?
• What dreams do you have for the future?
• How are you a faithful person?
• How has God been faithful to you?