AUGUST 24 - AUGUST 30
We have been learning about The Far Greater Story in recent weeks. All of Lightgliders seeks to point to this all-important story. We talked about how God is good and has created all things good. However, we have rebelled against Him and His standard for goodness. This is called sin. It causes destruction and separates us from God. It is the reason the world has so many problems. Once we recognize that we have rebelled against God, we have the opportunity to be repentant. To repent means to turn away from sin and turn to God, and it requires humility. The Bible tells us to repent of our sins so that they may be wiped away. When God wipes away our sin, that is an act that we call forgiveness. God forgives us of our sin and puts us in a right relationship with Him. With God’s forgiveness, we are free from the penalty of our sin. And when we understand that God is willing to forgive us even when we don’t deserve it, we can forgive others as well!
Here are some activities for you to do and questions to reflect upon this week in Lightgliders. Do these by yourself or with a family member!
Things to Do This Week:
• Join us in the Academy on Friday at 5pm EST / 4pm CST for the Labor Day Party!
• Play the Game of the Week, Slam Jam
• Watch this week’s Spark and Prayer Videos
Repentant and Forgiving Spark
Prayer of Repentance
Things to Think About This Week:
• Read Acts 3:17-20 in the Bible. How are your sins wiped out?
• What does it mean to repent?
• Why can we be willing to forgive others?
• What do you need to repent of and who do you need to forgive?