“A good tree produces good fruit, and a bad tree produces bad fruit..” - Matthew 7:17 (NLT)
After a recent Yonders mission, I was talking with Santiago in the courtyard about the Lightglider values. I want these values to deeply impact how I think, how I act, and how I behave.They are especially important to remember in times of uncertainty and pressure, like when I’m battling a Clampneck Machine in the Yonders!
A value is a principle that affects our decisions and behaviors. Most every family, community, and culture live by a set of values. Lightgliders seek to live with five values: purpose, humility, confidence, hope, and love. These values are inspired by story of God’s love for us revealed in the Bible.
• Purpose: Because God created us in His image (Genesis 1:27), our lives are valuable. They have purpose.
• Humility: No one is perfect; we all fall short of God’s standard of goodness (Romans 3:23). A deep understanding of this produces a life of humility.
• Confidence: Knowing that God loves us and that Jesus paid for our sins at the cross despite our shortcomings generates a strong sense of confidence (Ephesians 2:8-10). We can be confident because we are greatly loved by the only One who matters!
• Hope: Because the future is in God’s hands and He promises to restore the brokenness around us, we can always look ahead with hope believing that good things are coming. When we live with hope, we give hope to others (Romans 15:13).
• Love: With Jesus as our example, we seek to love. Such love is not a feeling. It is a choice that inspires actions that put the needs of others before our own (John 15:13). This is exactly what Jesus did at the cross!
Just like a good seed properly nourished helps to produce a beautiful tree, good values help to produce beautiful lives.
• Read Matthew 7:17-20 in the Bible. How does the Bible say we will know a tree? How can we be known by the “fruit” we produce?
• What are values and why are they important?
• What are some examples of values?
• What are your family’s core values?
• Play the Game of the Week, Mission:Entryway! Everyone on the leaderboard gets a surprise in their inventory!
• Watch the Spark and Prayer Videos
• Marlon is back with a Bible WHAT?! Tune in as he takes a deeper look at Matthew 7:17-18
• Use the Mystery Code - VALUES - to receive a surprise in your inventory!
Join us in the Academy for Prayer Time with Penelope–Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 12pm EST / 11am CST!
• Monday: Join moderators in Mission Control at 5pm EST / 4pm CST for Jokes and Games!
• Tuesday: Join us at the Welcome Party and Spotlight Celebration at 6pm EST / 5pm CST in the Courtyard! If you’re new to Lightgliders, you’ll be introduced to some AMAZING Lightglider friends, learn the ins-and-outs of the Academy, and have a chance to meet and congratulate this week’s Lightglider RES head recipients!
• Wednesday: Let's play some games in Lightglider Academy at 5pm EST / 4pm CST! Join moderator Viola today for a game of Tic-Tac-Toe in the Academy!
• Thursday: Join us for Bible Chat in the Library at 6pm EST / 5pm CST to discuss this week’s theme and verse!
• Friday: PARTY DAY!! Meet in the Courtyard at 5pm EST / 4pm CST for the Car Show Party - It’s Time to Carty!
• Saturday: Connect with the Ambassadors in the Courtyard at 4pm EST / 3pm CST for some fun and games.