“If your gift is to encourage others, be encouraging. If it is giving, give generously. If God has given you leadership ability, take the responsibility seriously. And if you have a gift for showing kindness to others, do it gladly.” - Romans 12:8 (NLT)
Jabari yako rafiki! That means ‘How are you my friend?’ in Swahili. I’m Tambika. I manage Lightglider Academy while Professor Watts is away. Running this place isn’t easy, but it is rewarding. I try to meet all the new Lightgliders when they arrive in the Courtyard. That is a fun part of my job!
I was born and raised in Tanzania. Do you know where that is? It is a beautiful country in Africa. Growing up, I always looked for leadership positions in my school and community. I love to serve others through organization. I love plans. I love calendars. I love details. And all of these things are important at Lightglider Academy. Otherwise, everything would be more chaotic than it already is!
I encourage you to use your gifts to serve others. We need people in this world with all types of gifts and talents. No matter how you are gifted, always remember that being a leader means serving others first. This is called servant leadership.
• Read Romans 12:6-8 in the Bible. What gifts do you believe God has given you?
• What does it mean to be a leader by first becoming a servant?
• In what ways could you be a servant leader?
• What are your gifts and talents and how can you use them to serve others?
• PARTY WEEK!! Join Lightgliders in the Courtyard at 5pm EST / 4pm CST on Friday for the Summer Celebration party!
• Play the Game of the Week, Mission: Tambika’s Treehouse, and get on the leaderboard!
• Watch the Sparks and Prayers associated with this week’s theme
• Use this week’s Mystery Code - TAMBIKA - to receive 100 Gold Coins!
Join us in the Academy for Prayer Time with Penelope–Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 12pm EST / 11am CST!
• Monday: Join moderators in Mission Control at 5pm EST / 4pm CST for Joke Time!
• Tuesday: Come to the Spotlight Celebration and Talent Show at 6pm EST / 5pm CST in the Courtyard to congratulate this week’s Lightglider RES head recipients.
• Wednesday: Let's play some games in Lightglider Academy at 5pm EST / 4pm CST! Join moderator Viola today for a game of Duck Duck Boost in the Academy!
• Thursday: Join us for Bible Chat in the Library at 6pm EST / 5pm CST to discuss this week’s theme and verse!
• Friday: PARTY DAY!! Meet in the Courtyard at 5pm EST / 4pm CST for the Summer Celebration Party!!
• Saturday: Connect with the Ambassadors in the Courtyard at 4pm EST / 3pm CST for some fun and games.