SEPTEMBER 28 - OCTOBER 4
This week we are talking about hope. To live with hope means to look to the future with the expectation that good things are ahead.
This is tough to do sometimes, especially if the circumstances around us today are difficult. But, we always have a reason to live with hope because of God’s promises to His children. He promises a future restoration--He will make everything right some day. He also promises eternal life--we will live with Him forever! The future is secure. Jesus proved it by defeating death. We can live with hope!
And, trust me on this, hope is invigorating. It is electrifying. It is powerful! When we live with hope, it is shared with others. And, like a spark, the fire of hope spreads and the future actually begins to look brighter and brighter to those around you. For example, think of the Gliddles in the Yonders. Just knowing that Lightgliders are out there gives them hope that their future will be bright. This is the power of hope.
I try to wake up each day with hope--with the expectation that the best is yet to come. And, because of Jesus, I know this is true. I'm telling you, living with hope makes a difference!
Here are some activities for you to do and questions to reflect upon this week in Lightgliders. Do these by yourself or with a family member!
Things to Do This Week:
• Play the Game of the Week, Glider Training!
• Watch the Spark and Prayer Videos.
The Value of Hope
Hope in Hard Times
• Use this week’s Mystery Code - HOPE - to receive a surprise in your inventory!
• Look for a moderator inside the Courtyard at 5pm EST each weekday and get a prize. Check your time zone!
Things to Think About This Week:
• Read 2 Thessalonians 2:16-17 in the Bible. According to these verses, what does Jesus give us?
• How can you spread hope to others?
• What do you hope for in life?
• What does it look like to have hope in hard times?
• What are ways to live every day with hope?
• How does Jesus’ love for us give us hope?