APRIL 19 - APRIL 25
Continuing in The Far Greater Story, we have come to its climax, known as Redemption. To redeem something means to buy it back. Remember that God created everything and called it good. This is why there is dignity in the world and within everyone in it. However, we have rebelled against God’s standard of goodness. This is called sin. And, because of our sin, we are separated from God. Without the next part of the story, we are left without hope.
But God, in His goodness, didn’t leave us hopeless! He sent His Son Jesus to redeem us. When Jesus died on the cross, He paid the penalty for our sin. He bought us back! When Jesus was resurrected three laters later, he defeated death. He made a way for us to be restored to God and to live with Him forever! This is what it means to be redeemed. This is the heart of The Far Greater Story and the proof that God loves us.
Here are some activities for you to do and questions to reflect upon this week in Lightgliders. Do these by yourself or with a family member!
Things to Do This Week:
• Play the BRAND NEW Game of the Week, Bunker Escape!
• Watch this week’s Spark and Prayer Videos
Thankful for Redemption
• Use this week’s Mystery Code - REDEEM - for a surprise in your inventory!
Lightglider Academy Events This Week:
• Monday: Jokes with Norman Snowman Cook in Mission Control at 5:30pm EST / 4:30pm CST! Don’t miss this hilarious hang!
• Tuesday: Come to the Spotlight Celebration at 5pm EST / 4pm CST in the Courtyard to congratulate this week’s Lightglider RES head recipients!
• Wednesday: Come to the Courtyard at 4pm EST / 3pm CST for a game of Rock/Paper/Scissors!
• Thursday: Join us in the Library at 6pm EST / 5pm CST for a Bible Chat to discuss this week’s theme and verse!
• Friday: Meet game designer, Corrigan Hickory Sage, in the Innovation Lab at 5pm EST / 4pm CST to share game ideas!
• Saturday: Connect with the Ambassadors in the Courtyard at 3pm EST / 2pm CST for some fun and games.
Things to Think About This Week:
• Read 1 Peter 2:21-25 in the Bible. How are you healed? What are ways to follow in the steps of Jesus?
• How can we be redeemed by God?
• What is redemption?
• How do you show people you care?
• How can being redeemed give you confidence?