OCTOBER 19 - OCTOBER 25
Last week, we looked at the cross and how Jesus’ death and resurrection gives us new life. Jesus’ willingness to die on the cross in our place is the greatest act of love this world has ever known. He willingly gave up His life so that we might live.
This love was not a feeling. It was a choice. Jesus made the decision to love us, and He followed through. Love cost Jesus His life. So often we think of love as just a feeling. If love is just a feeling, our motivation to care for others can quickly go away. When we are motivated by God’s love for us shown on the cross, we will choose to love others and will follow through no matter what.
“So now I am giving you a new commandment: Love each other. Just as I have loved you, you should love each other.” - John 13:34 (NLT)
Here are some activities for you to do and questions to reflect upon this week in Lightgliders. Do these by yourself or with a family member!
Things to Do This Week:
• Play the BRAND NEW game of the week, Bible Trivia Race 2!
• Watch the Spark and Prayer Videos
Value of Love
Strength to Love
• Use the Mystery Code - LOVE - to receive a surprise in your inventory!
• Check out the Lightglider Spotlight on the front page to see who’s shining this week!
Lightglider Academy Events This Week:
• Monday: Come to the Spotlight Celebration on Monday at 5pm EST / 4pm CST in the Courtyard to congratulate this week’s Lightglider RES head recipients.
• Tuesday: Meet one of the creators of Lightgliders, Norman Snowman Cook, in Mission Control at 6pm EST / 5pm CST to hang out and discuss all things Lightgliders.
• Wednesday: Come to the Courtyard at 5pm EST / 4pm CST. A moderator will be leading a game called Dance Relay Race.
• Thursday: Join us in the Library at 6pm EST / 5pm CST for a Bible Chat to discuss this week’s theme and verse!
• Friday: Meet game designer, Corrigan Hickory Sage, in the Innovation Lab at 6pm EST / 5pm CST to share game ideas.
• Saturday: Connect with the Ambassadors in the Courtyard at 3pm EST / 2pm CST for some fun and games.
Things to Think About This Week:
• Read John 13:34-35 in the Bible. What will our love do to the world?
• What does love look like to you?
• Who has God given you to love?
• Why can it be difficult to love?
• What is one way you will put the needs of others in front of your own this week?
• How is love more of a choice than a feeling?