NOVEMBER 29 - DECEMBER 5
Faith leads us into a relationship with Jesus and helps us to understand His love for us! Because of His love for us, we can love others. As we choose to love others through our words and actions, it will affect our hearts. And as we genuinely feel concern for others in our hearts, we will grow in compassion. Having compassion means that we are tenderhearted toward other people. We try to place ourselves in their shoes and treat them with love, dignity, and respect. We treat them how we would want to be treated. As we understand God’s compassion towards us, we will want to be compassionate with others. Who do you have genuine concern for? Who do you show compassion to? How do you show it?
Showing compassion may look a little different for everyone. We can write notes of encouragement, listen to others’ problems, invite a new friend to sit with during school lunch, or tell our parents how much we love them. Small acts of compassion make a big difference.
Can you imagine if everyone showed a little bit of compassion every day? It would change the world!
Things to Think About This Week:
Here are some activities for you to do and questions to reflect upon this week in Lightgliders. Do these by yourself or with a family member!
• Read Luke 6:35-36 in the Bible. Why should we be compassionate?
• What are ways to show compassion to others?
• When has someone been compassionate toward you?
• What are ways that you could be a helpful neighbor?
• What is one thing you can do today to show kindness to someone?
• How does being compassionate show the love of Jesus?
Things to Do This Week:
• Play the Game of the Week, Tinker Tech! Everyone on the leaderboard this Saturday morning gets some new gear in their inventory!
• Watch the Spark and Prayer videos
Prayer for My Neighborhood
• There’s a new Gliddle Game Gab this week! Check it out on the front page!
• Use the Mystery Code - COMPASSION - to receive a surprise in your inventory!
Lightglider Academy Events This Week:
• Monday: Jokes with Norman in Mission Control at 5:30pm EST / 4:30pm CST! Don’t miss this hilarious hang!
• Tuesday: Come to the Spotlight Celebration at 5:30pm EST / 4:30pm CST in the Courtyard to congratulate this week’s Lightglider RES head recipients!
• Wednesday: Come to the Courtyard at 4pm EST / 3pm CST for a game of Sardines Hide & Seek!
• Thursday: Hang out with Pen in the Courtyard today at 12pm EST / 11am EST for Midday Madness with Penelope! Also, join us in the Library at 6pm EST / 5pm CST for a Bible Chat to discuss this week’s theme and verse!
• Friday: Meet game designer, Corrigan Hickory Sage, in the Innovation Lab at 5pm EST / 4pm CST to share game ideas!
• Saturday: Connect with the Ambassadors in the Courtyard at 3pm EST / 2pm CST for some fun and games.