SEPTEMBER 26 - OCTOBER 2
Oomph. I just got back from the Yonders and it was rough! I barely escaped without getting covered in blight. We’re talking about honesty this week in Lightgliders, so I guess I need to practice it myself. Sometimes it’s hard for me to admit that I can get discouraged, but to be honest means to be truthful. I’m here to tell you today to be honest with yourself. Pay attention to your feelings and be honest about them with God and with those who love you. God knows exactly how you are feeling, so you can always be honest with Him in your prayers.
Also, be honest with others. Have you ever told a lie to make yourself look good or to avoid getting into trouble? You might be tempted to protect yourself in this way rather than to be honest and accept a consequence. Here’s the honest truth about me right now -- I want you to think I’m a skilled Lightglider, but that is not always true. I was unable to complete my last mission to the Yonders. I’m going to talk to Nisha to get her advice on how to do it. With her insight, I hope to succeed next time. Wow, I’m realizing even as I write this to you that honesty and humility are connected.
Being honest honors God and shows others that we can be trusted. Speak the truth, Lightglider. Refuse to lie. In doing so, you are showing the character of Christ.
Things to Think About This Week:
Take some time this week to think about honesty! Here are some questions to get you started.
• Read Colossians 3:8-10 in your Bible. What does it look like to strip off your old sinful nature and put on your new nature? How can we receive this new nature?
• What does it mean to be an honest person?
• In what ways could you be a more honest person?
• Have you ever been lied to? How can dishonesty be hurtful?
Things to Do This Week:
• It's PARTY WEEK!! Don't miss the Fall Festival Party THIS FRIDAY at 5pm EST / 4pm CST in the Courtyard!
• Play the Game of the Week, Wall Ball, and get on the leaderboard! The top 5 Lightgliders on Saturday morning get a surprise added to their inventory! Look for a message from Gertrude Pumpkin Satchel when you log in this weekend!
• Watch the Sparks and Prayers on the FrontPage
Prayer for Honesty
• Use this week’s Mystery Code - HONESTY - to receive a surprise in your inventory!
Lightglider Academy Events This Week:
• Join us in the Courtyard for Prayer Time with Penelope–Monday at 8am EST/7am CST, Tuesday at 9am EST/8am CST, Wednesday at 10am EST/9am CST, Thursday at 11am EST/10am CST, and Friday at 12pm EST/11am CST!
• Monday: Join moderators in Mission Control at 5pm EST / 4pm CST for Jokes and Games!
• Tuesday: Join us at the Welcome Party and Spotlight Celebration at 6pm EST / 5pm CST in the Courtyard! If you’re new to Lightgliders, you’ll be introduced to some AMAZING Lightglider friends, learn the ins-and-outs of the Academy, and have a chance to meet and congratulate this week’s Lightglider RES head recipients!
• Wednesday: Let's play some games in Lightglider Academy at 5pm EST / 4pm CST! Join moderator Viola today for a game of Boost Tag in the Academy!
• Thursday: Join us for Bible Chat in the Library at 6pm EST / 5pm CST to discuss this week’s theme and verse!
• Friday: PARTY DAY!! Meet in the Courtyard at 5pm EST / 4pm CST for the Fall Festival Party!! Every Lightglider in attendance gets new gear!
• Saturday: Connect with the Ambassadors in the Courtyard at 4pm EST / 3pm CST for some fun and games.