“Love each other with genuine affection, and take delight in honoring each other.” - Romans 12:10 (NLT)
Last week we talked about goals and why they matter! Lightgliders pursue three goals each day - respect, rescue, and restore. The first goal of a Lightglider is to respect. We seek to show respect toward others and toward ourselves. But, how do we do that? What does that even mean?
When we respect, we are acknowledging worth. You and everyone you meet is worthy of respect because each is created by God and in His image. We show respect in the way we treat people and in the way we treat ourselves. Therefore, we should seek to care about everyone we meet. We should also care for our minds, hearts, and bodies.
Whether it’s your best friend or someone you don’t get along with very well, choosing to show respect is what Lightgliders strive to do. So, when you’re in Mission Control, the Courtyard, the Library, or the Innovation Lab, look for ways to show respect to the other Lightgliders.
P.S. Keep an eye out for Moderator Flounder this week! Say hi, respectfully!!, and he just might give you a prize!
• Read Romans 12:10 in the Bible. How do you take delight in honoring others?
• Why does everyone deserve respect?
• What are ways to respect yourself?
• What are ways to show respect to others?
• Who can you pray for who has caused you difficulty?
• Play the Game of the Week, Treehouse Jumping 2! Everyone on the leaderboard this Saturday will receive some gold coins!
• Watch the Spark and Prayer Videos
• Use this week’s Mystery Code - RESPECT - to receive a surprise in your inventory!
Join us in the Academy for Prayer Time with Penelope–Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 12pm EST / 11am CST!
• Monday: Join moderators in Mission Control at 5pm EST / 4pm CST for Jokes and Games!
• Tuesday: Join us at the Welcome Party and Spotlight Celebration at 6pm EST / 5pm CST in the Courtyard! If you’re new to Lightgliders, you’ll be introduced to some AMAZING Lightglider friends, learn the ins-and-outs of the Academy, and have a chance to meet and congratulate this week’s Lightglider RES head recipients!
• Wednesday: Let's play some games in Lightglider Academy at 5pm EST / 4pm CST! Join moderator Viola today for a game of Duck, Duck, Boost in the Academy!
• Thursday: Join us for Bible Chat in the Library at 6pm EST / 5pm CST to discuss this week’s theme and verse!
• Friday: Meet in the Innovation Lab at 5pm EST / 4pm CST to share game ideas at this week’s time of Gamestorming.
• Saturday: Connect with the Ambassadors in the Courtyard at 4pm EST / 3pm CST for some fun and games.