NOVEMBER 30 - DECEMBER 6
Our lives operate at a fast pace. We wake up, eat breakfast, go to school, come home, do homework, eat dinner, go to bed, and often repeat it all the next day. If we’re not careful, our schedules and routines can quickly control our entire lives.
In this week’s theme verse, Psalm 46:10, God is telling us to be still before Him. Why? Because slowing down and being still allows a couple of things to happen. First, we have the opportunity to remember all that God has done for us. Second, we are reminded that He is in control and not us! Being still before God and taking time to reflect on His goodness is good for our soul. God knows this! Sometimes He will even speak to your heart when you are still before Him. My prayer is you hear how much He loves you because He really does!
Please take note -- it is the Christmas season in the Academy! The Lightglider leaders will be decorating the Courtyard. Come visit and get a special Christmas gift from each moderator!
“Be still, and know that I am God!” - Psalm 46:10 (NLT)
Here are some activities for you to do and questions to reflect upon this week in Lightgliders. Do these by yourself or with a family member!
Things to Do This Week:
• Play the Game of the Week, Waterfall Climber! Everyone on the leaderboard this Saturday gets a new garden slide for their treehouse!
• Watch the Spark and Prayer Videos
Time to Rest
Prayer for Peace
• Use the Mystery Code - REFLECT - to receive a surprise in your inventory!
Lightglider Academy Events This Week:
• Monday: Come to the Spotlight Celebration on Monday at 5:30pm EST / 4:30pm CST in the Courtyard to congratulate this week’s Lightglider RES head recipients.
• Tuesday: Meet one of the creators of Lightgliders, Norman Snowman Cook, in Mission Control at 6pm EST / 5pm CST to hang out and discuss all things Lightgliders. Norman will be giving out a new Christmas Tree Hat to everyone in attendance!
• Wednesday: Come to the Courtyard at 5pm EST / 4pm CST. A moderator will be leading a game of Rock/Paper/Scissors in the Academy! Penelope will be giving out a new Snowflake Glider to everyone in attendance!
• Friday: Meet game designer, Corrigan Hickory Sage, in the Innovation Lab at 5pm EST / 4pm CST to share game ideas. Corrigan will be giving out a new Santa Hat to everyone in attendance!
• Saturday: Connect with the Ambassadors in the Courtyard at 3pm EST / 2pm CST for some fun and games.
Things to Think About This Week:
• Read Psalm 46:10 in the Bible. Reflect on your week. On Monday, the question is, “When will you take time to be still before God this week?” How did it go? What did you do? How will you “be still” in the weeks to come?
• When will you take time to be still before God this week?
• What does it look like for you to rest?
• What areas of your life need greater peace?
• What are your favorite ways to relax?
• How do you reflect upon God and His goodness in your life?