MAY 10 - MAY 16
The Bible. It’s a big book that has a lot of meaning. Some see it as an intimidating book that is hard to understand. Some see it as an old book meant for an older time. Do not let these opinions stop you from reading it! The Bible reveals the most important story we could ever know - the true story of God’s love for us. God has made Himself known through the pages of the Bible and we have the opportunity to get to know Him every time we read it! Not a word is wasted in the pages of the Bible. All of it points to our good, loving God who created, redeems, and restores His people. Though some of the stories can be hard to understand, the Bible begins to become more clear as we continue to read it, ask questions, and grow in our understanding. We can pray and ask God for wisdom when we open up our Bibles. We can ask those that are older and wiser to read the Bible with us and help us understand! Engaging with the Bible isn’t a one-time thing. We can read it for a lifetime and gain more knowledge, understanding, and wisdom with each time we open it up!
“All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It corrects us when we are wrong and teaches us to do what is right. God uses it to prepare and equip his people to do every good work.” - 2 Timothy 3:16-17 (NLT)
Here are some activities for you to do and questions to reflect upon this week in Lightgliders. Do these by yourself or with a family member!
Things to Do This Week:
• Play the Game of the Week, Slam Jam! Everyone on the leaderboard gets a surprise in your inventory on Saturday morning!
• Watch the Spark and Prayer videos.
Reading the Bible
Prayer for Purity
• Use the Mystery Code - BIBLE - to receive a surprise in your inventory!
Lightglider Academy Events This Week:
• Monday: Jokes with Norman Snowman Cook in Mission Control at 5:30pm EST / 4:30pm CST! Don’t miss this hilarious hang!
• Tuesday: Come to the Spotlight Celebration at 5:30pm EST / 4:30pm CST in the Courtyard to congratulate this week’s Lightglider RES head recipients!
• Wednesday: Come to the Courtyard at 4pm EST / 3pm CST for a game of Sardines Hide & Seek!
• Thursday: Join us in the Library at 6pm EST / 5pm CST for a Bible Chat to discuss this week’s theme and verse!
• Friday: Meet game designer, Corrigan Hickory Sage, in the Innovation Lab at 5pm EST / 4pm CST to share game ideas!
• Saturday: Connect with the Ambassadors in the Courtyard at 3pm EST / 2pm CST for some fun and games.
Things to Think About This Week:
• Read 2 Timothy 3:16-17 in the Bible. What is all Scripture useful for? How does God use Scripture in the lives of His people?
• What is something new you are learning from the Bible?
• Do you read the Bible? Why or why not?
• What are ways to get to know the Bible better?
• Why is the Bible so important?
• When is the best time for you to read the Scriptures?