What is Lightgliders?
Filled with games and weekly Bible-based activities, Lightgliders seeks to engage kids, redeem screentime, encourage meaningful family conversations, and inspire deeper connections with God. Lightgliders can be accessed by logging in online on a computer or through the mobile app found in the Google Play Store, the Apple App Store, or the Amazon App Store.
Lightgliders is a multiplayer online community, a platform of hundreds of games, and a digital kids' ministry, all wrapped up in one! In Lightgliders, kids get to customize their own character, play games, go on missions, socialize with friends, attend community-wide events, send postcards, decorate their own treehouse, engage in discipleship activities, and explore a world of adventure. Lightgliders is always expanding with new features being added all the time. Check out how to play in the video below, narrated by the Gliddles, who are fun characters that your kids will meet in Lightgliders!
Lightgliders equips families and ministries to impact kids during the critical years!
Everything in Lightgliders is designed to:
- Teach a biblical worldview and values
- Encourage prayer and reflection
- Impart a vision for service
- Spark meaningful conversations in the home
Lightgliders is a story designed to impart a biblical worldview and to help kids everywhere recognize that they were uniquely made to shine! Every kid gets to create their own Lightglider character and enter into the story. Lightgliders have three primary goals – to RESPECT themselves and each other, to RESCUE the Gliddles from the Machines, and to RESTORE the land from the blight. The overarching story and characters are used to point to the Far Greater Story of God's love for us revealed in the Bible and to teach the five values of a Lightglider – purpose, humility, confidence, hope, and love.
The Lightgliders gameplay and activities can be used to teach and spark conversations about the biblical narrative of creation, rebellion, redemption, and restoration. This narrative or worldview is centered upon and substantiated by the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ. Additional activities and videos in Lightgliders provide kids and parents opportunities for meaningful discussions and family discipleship. Parents and leaders receive weekly resources to spark conversations and spiritual formation.
All of Lightgliders' faith and values activities use the Bible. Unless otherwise indicated, all Scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright ©1996, 2004, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved. The Bible and worldview teaching in Lightgliders is ecumenical and has been used by children from numerous church denominations.
Why was Lightgliders created?
Lightgliders was created to impact kids in a way they'll love!
Lightgliders was created to provide a safe, positive alternative for kids' screentime and gameplay that can be used to encourage transformational conversations during the critical pre-teenage years. Lightgliders seeks to address the following realities:
- The Digital Generation - Digital experiences are shaping young lives as kids are spending hours each day in front of their devices.
- The Critical Younger Years - Fundamental perspectives on truth, morality, purpose, and faith are firmly in place before age 13.
- The Need for Conversations - Kids are greatly impacted by meaningful conversations with those who care about them the most.
Lightgliders offers a fun way to encourage thought and discussion about what a biblical worldview is, how it credibly answers life's most important questions, and how it substantiates positive values.
The Lightgliders Promise
As you engage with Lightgliders for one full year, your kids will receive:
- Tons of digital games, videos, and community events
- Weekly Bible-based lessons with themes, Scriptures, and reflection questions
- Daily in-game events and activities that encourage Christian faith and fun
- A full year of curriculum teaching a biblical worldview and positive values
- A virtual community to learn and practice Christian faith, values, and leadership
- Hundreds of moments for prayer and reflection
- Vision for real-world service as unique image-bearers of God
- Catalysts for family conversations and connections
- Meaningful screentime and gameplay
- Confidence for why God’s love is credible and incredible
- Endless opportunities to know, grow in, and show God’s love.
Check out our help site for answers to our most commonly-asked questions. Contact us at any time if you would like further information about Lightgliders.